History of JKUAT Library
Welcome to JKUAT Kakamega CBD Campus Library. Our primary responsibility is to assist all our patrons/ users in the process of transforming information to knowledge. It is a place where research, innovation, discovery and creativity is constantly taking place, therefore we will continue to provide the space, resources, and staff to nurture and enhance such activities thus encouraging students, lectures, and staff to use this modern and beautiful facility fully.
Our Campus Library
We are located at 5th Floor of Abwere Fraha Building at the CBD of Kakamega County.
To create an information system based on state of the art technology to promote scholarship.
To provide relevant information services to meet teaching, learning and research needs of the university.
- To provide a secure and conducive environment for library resources and users.
- To acquire information materials to suit the needs of the users.
- To enhance information literacy programs to maximize use of information resources.
- To preserve and conserve information resources for posterity.
- To strengthen collaboration and partnerships with other institutions for information sharing.