The JKUAT Library is set to conduct a one day training workshop for all JKUAT academic staff and researchers.The training was recommended during one of the university’s Deans Committee Meeting. A training schedule for the different colleges has been done.
Below is a tentative program for the different Colleges and Faculties:
COHES – 4th June 2015
COHRED – 12th June 2015
COPAS – 19th and 22nd June 2015
Faculty of Agriculture – 29th June 2015
IEET – 30th June 2015
SABS – 1st July 2015
SODEL – 3rd July 2015
COETEC – 8th and 10th July 2015
The workshop will:
1. Create awareness of electronic information resources available for research
Equip participants with skills on:
2. Information search strategies
3. Citation and referencing tools
4. Using anti plagiarism tools for plagiarism self-check
5. Sensitize participants on e-book readers
6. Sensitize staff on the importance of publishing in high impact journals
7. Equip participants with skills to improving research profiles using google scholar citation.
Please click here for more details of the training
The venue will be communicated later.