The University Library Background
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Library system comprises of the main University library Juja campus with the following branches:Karen Campus library, Westlands Campus library, Nairobi CBD Centre Library, Mombasa Centre Library, Nakuru Centre Library, Kisii Centre Library, Kitale Centre Library, Kakamega Centre Library, Kisumu Centre Library, Kigali Campus Library, Arusha Centre Library.
JKUAT Library has automated its services using KOHA integrated library management system. The Library offers the following subject based information services:Agriculture Information services, Science Information Services, Social Science Information Services, Technology Information Services. Other services offered include Circulation services, Electronic information services, Information Literacy skills, Reading space, Binding services and Photocopying services.
To create an information system based on state of the art technology to promote scholarship.
To provide relevant information services to meet teaching, learning and research needs of the university
- To acquire and provide access to information resources in all formats for teaching, learning, research and innovation
- To preserve and conserve information resources for posterity
- To enhance information literacy and competencies to maximize use of information resources
- To spearhead proactive, transparent and accountable management of human and information resources and services
- To provide a secure and conducive environment for library resources and users
- To strengthen collaboration and partnerships for information sharing
- To develop library and information science teaching programmes