The Directorate of Research Services is charged with the responsibility to formulate, administer and rollout relevant research policy guidelines and provide a link between RPE and Academic Affairs Division through BPS, Faculties, Schools, Institutes and Departments. The Directorate in conjunction with the Directorate of Extension and Technology Transfer also evaluates R&D discoveries and innovations that qualify for scaling up and commercialisation. Another major role is to determine the most effective way of utilising the university research grant and prepare relevant research policies and research contracts agreement documents (e.g. Alliance Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, etc), identify and establish direction and priorities for cross-disciplinary research needs.
The directorate coordinates research proposal evaluation, processing and also evaluates identifies sources of research funding opportunity and bring the same to the attention of researchers. it also undertakes monitoring and evaluation of university research and innovation projects and to ensure that researchers are provided with expert guidance through organizing training in research proposal development, Intellectual Property Rights, Project Management, etc to enable staff maximize the returns from their research activities.
The directorates carry out intellectual property audits of all university researches and advise the researchers on patenting matters. It also maintains a database of university research findings/innovations including those from students’ projects, database of experts in various academic disciplinary areas in the university, database of university research publications and mobilizes researchers from various academic disciplines to write proposals in response to calls for proposals made by various granting organisations.
1.To source and administer research funds.
2.To establish and maintain quality research Monitoring and Evaluation system
3.To regularly review the University research policy
4.To develop researchers’ capacity to attract funds
5.To provide a forum for researchers to share, publish and disseminate their research findings.
- JKUAT Research Grant Program
- Publicizing External Funding Opportunities
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Dissemination of Research Findings through:
1. JKUAT Annual Scientific Conference
2. Publications: JKUAT Journal, Conference Book of Proceedings
- Research Information Management
- Merit Awards
Download monitoring and evaluation tools
- Copy of Ganttt chart
- Example of Logical Framework for a Project
- Key Performance indicators
- Research progress M&E form
- Format and Guidelines for Research Proposal
- Format for Evaluation of Research Proposal
- Format for Research Project Budget
- Contractual Agreement for Researchers
- Project Registration Form
- Format for Research Project Progress Report
- Format for Final Research Report
- General Agreement on IPRs
- Criteria for Sharing Research Proprietorship