JKUAT has experienced tremendous growth in admission of postgraduate in the last ten years. This achievement has been made possible by the establishment of campuses in various counties in Kenya as well as collaboration with recognized institutions such as KEMRI. As a result JKUAT Board of Postgraduate has currently registered over 12,000 student compared to 2,000 students registered in 2009. This achievement is in line with the university strategic plan of increasing admission by 10% annually.
BPS has endeavored to offer its services to the postgraduate students even in the wake of this growth as guided by its mandate and its strategic objectives.
MANDATE AND CORE FUNCTIONS
The University statues assigns the Board of Postgraduate studies responsibility over the following matters:
- The admission of postgraduate students
- The proper conduct and supervision of the postgraduate studies programme
- The co-ordination of postgraduate syllabuses and regulations
- The administration and processing of postgraduate theses/projects or research papers
- The general welfare and discipline of postgraduate students
- The administration of postgraduate scholarships
To achieve its mandates and objectives BPS engages in various activities that are performed as assigned to various officers and other staff on a day-to-day basis. All these activities are very crucial for effective service delivery for both potential as well as registered post graduate students who are our clients. The aim of Board of postgraduate office is to carry out these activities to the satisfaction of all our clients.