The JKUAT ICT consultancy is located at the Nairobi CBD Campus on JKJUAT TOWERS, Kenyatta Avenue. The section is concerned with filling the gap between academic knowledge and required industry skills, by providing professional training through short courses to beginners, ongoing students and even the working class.
To spur professionalism in the ICT industry.
Goals and Objectives
- To engage with the industry stake holders in ICT related matters.
- To design short courses that addresses the needs within the industry.
- To initiate partnerships and linkages with the professionals in the industry
- To apply these linkages by offering professional training in conjunction with relevant bodies.
Laptop project development of ICT Integration curriculum for KICD.
- Techno brain – there exists is collaboration between JKUAT and Techno Brain in order to spearhead teacher training for ICT integration in schools as part of DLP (Digital Literacy Program)
- EMCAST and Worlds Best Friend (NGO) – the organizations in partnership with JKUAT crafted a triptote agreement in order to setup ICT incubation hub at the NCBD to spearhead innovations in technology as well as incubate these innovations with an end goal of communication.
- Inspire Youth in STEM Program for the KCSE 2021/2022 candidates from May- July 2022
- UNCTAD – NCBD hosted a visiting UNCTAD DON who gave a talk to our students in 2016 UNCTAD Conference held in Nairobi CBD campus.
- Open day for IOT – JKUAT NCBD played host to EMCAST, a leading Korean firm in education & technology to showcase possibilities in IOT & Robotics. We hosted their CEO who was visiting in June 2018. we have over 50 participants.
- Open Day for IBM – where we had IBM Educational Liaison John Matogo come and give a talk to our students as well as encourage them to take our IBM short courses in September 2018. We had over fifty participants.
|TARGET||NEED/GOAL TO ADDRESS||PRODUCT|
|1||County governments that have members of the county assembly among others||To reduce on expenditure by the county government and increase on efficiency of service delivery.||Certificate in ICT for social Accountability County Governance|
|2||Primary School Level teachers||Improve learning experience by integrating ICT in learning||Teaching with technology|
|3||Researchers in diverse fields||Analysis of research findings||SPSS basic, Intermediary and advanced.|
|4||Networking students and professionals||Professional skill in handling of CISCO networking equipment which is an industry standard||CCNA 1-3|
|5||IT professionals and Auditing professionals||Auditing of Information Systems||Certified Information Systems Auditor|
|6||IT Students||Programming Skills and General computing skills||C and C++ Programming|
|7||The General Public||Basic IT Skills & start Ups||IT Essentials, Be Your Own Boss, Entrepreneurship|
|8||Accounting Students||Skills in accounting||CPA Part I, II and III|