Within JKUAT network i.e using university network
Science Direct e-books
- Go to the library website by searching for JKUAT library or by going to https://jkuat.ac.ke/departments/library/
- Click on the Electronic Resources link on the menu bar at the top of the website.
- Select Electronic Books from the drop down menu on this link.
- This gives you a list of electronic books.
- Click on Science direct.
- Search for your topic.
- The box on the last column of the result page is marked with green lines for the books we have full access to.
- You also have full access to those with an orange mark as they are in open access
- Follow the first four steps given above.
- Click on Springer e-books.
- To get a display of only full text books, remove the tick on the link written include ‘preview only content’.
- Carry out your search
- Click on the title of the book of your choice.
- The book opens in chapters.
- Select the chapter you want.
- Download or view the chapter.
- Please note that Springer journals are available on the same platform
The steps of getting to the Ebrary site are similar to those for Springer and Science Direct ebooks. To download a chapter on Ebrary:
- Click on the link written table of contents that is given under each title information on the results page.
- This displays a link to the different chapters.
- To download the chapter, click on the download chapter icon (second icon on the menu bar)
- You will be prompted to indicate the page range you want to download and the citation style
- Select APA citation style and click on continue
- The pages indicated will be downloaded
Access when Off Campus or off the university network
The Off Campus Access to E-Resources link http://vpn.jkuat.ac.ke/ found on the library website allows you to access all our resources from whatever location you are in. When accessing off the campus network;
- Click on the Off Campus Access to E-resources link on the library website. You could also simply go to http://vpn.jkuat.ac.ke/login
- You will be required to login to the Off Campus Link. Logging in to the Off Campus Link
- The username is the first part of your student email e.g john.doe@students.
- Password is your registration number in lowercase e.g ab123-1234/2013.
- Click on the any information resource of your choice.
- The rest of the steps are as given above.
- Members of staff should use the login details assigned to them.
- Not yet registered for off campus access? Send your Staff email, First name, Last name and PF No to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any enquiries on JKUAT email, please contact ICT Directorate on email@example.com if you are a member of staff and firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a student.
Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for any further enquiries