JKUAT University Librarian, Dr. Roslyne Mangira led a team of 5 members of university staff drawn from the Library, Directorate of ICT and Linkages Departments on a fact finding trip to KEMRI, Nairobi.
The team was charged with identifying areas in which KEMRI library can benefit from the highly skilled JKUAT library and ICT staff to enhance their library services. The meeting was co-chaired by the JKUAT University Librarian, Dr. Roselyne Mangira, and KEMRI Director of Research and Capacity Building, Prof. Elijah Songok on behalf of the Director General, Prof. Sam Kariuki. During the meeting held , a number of areas were identified including:
- Library Automation using KOHA LMS (Installation, Configuration, Customization and Training
- Institutional Repository using DSPace software (Installation, configuration, Customization and Training
- Citation and Referencing Management
- Plagiarism management for Quality Research
- Information Resources and Information Search Strategies