International Network for Availability of Scientific Publications (INASP) organized a competition to celebrate the Open Access Week scheduled for 18-24th October 2010. http://www.inasp.info/file/3bf470d3bc86b0360eab08eb941b711f/open-access-competition.html. The competition required partner and network countries to use Open Access Week to showcase the activities that universities and research institutions within developing and emerging countries are planning and doing. These activities were to include
• Increasing wider awareness and use of institutional repositories
• Promoting and providing training in Open Access resources
• Showcasing the open source software being used
• Using the opportunities provided by Open Access policies to create, share and improve access to information and electronic resources
• Having fun with your own competitions or displays
The entire JKUAT fraternity is invited to participate and come up with creative, humorous and innovative ways of participating. This may be through poems, cartoons, blogs, articles, song and dance, beauty pageants and any other fun and creative activities with an OA message. You can also sign up on www.openaccessweek.org to chat and post your messages. There will be an award for the most creative OA message. You can register for the activities with library ICT section.